Change Capability (+)
Item & Bill of Material (BOM) Management with Lifecycle Control
Comprehensive information about component parts and assemblies is managed in a single, secure environment.
- Enable stakeholders to quickly and easily find and understand items
- Revision control ensures everyone is referencing the correct version
- Reduce the risk of downstream errors and re-work.
Integrated component and product visualization
Product stakeholders can view and manipulate 3D and 2D representations.
- Improves understanding of products, assemblies and components outside of the Design department
- Comments can be added by those stakeholders, enabling real-time collaboration
- No need for additional costly CAD seats
Configurable, context-specific Bill of Materials views
Multiple, configurable views of Bill of Materials structures can easily be defined.
- Enables users to view BOMs in the right context, viewing only relevant information to them
- Provides stakeholders across the organization with the real-time product information needed to make accurate decisions
Bill of Materials roll-up
Attributes of component parts and sub-assemblies, such as weight or cost, can be rolled-up within a BOM.
- Provides totals for a product, reducing the time otherwise spent manually calculating
- Visibility of sub-totals of those attributes for each sub-assembly allows more in-depth analysis of a product
- Roll-up capability is in real-time, so stakeholders can immediately assess the impact of any changes
Components and sub-assemblies added to a BOM can be made effective from a specific date.
- New versions of an existing part can be phased in on a future date for easier production planning
- View a BOM configuration as active on a historic date offering an aspect of traceability
- Determine exactly what was manufactured or delivered on a particular day
Bill of Materials Comparison
Easily perform BOM comparisons on different revisions and configurations
- Quickly identify what’s changed when releasing a new version of your product
- The BOM compare features offers an easy-to-understand, graphical indication of differences
- Meet compliance requirements by analyzing previous iterations and history of a product