Change Capability (+)
Product changes are fully defined, reviewed, approved and implemented in a collaborative environment. Easily configured workflows provide a clear view of the details you need to understand and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
Real-time, configurable Change Request and Change Order workflows
Formal and fast-track workflows are provided, which can be easily configured to match an organization’s exact process.
- Change workflows provide a graphical representation of those processes to everyone within the organization
- The progress of specific Change Requests or Change Orders are managed real-time
- Monitoring status helps to quickly identify and resolve potential bottlenecks
Change Management within a fully integrated PLM environment
Change Request and Change Order processes are fully integrated with the other information.
- Full details of the components or sub-assemblies subject to a particular change are just a quick click away
- Product stakeholders across the organization fully understand what a change will affect, and what its impact will be on parent assemblies and products
- Historic change records can be viewed and interrogated, providing traceability of exactly what items were modified at that time
Change notifications and real-time ‘to-do’ list
Those involved in a stage of the change process are automatically notified when that stage is reached.
- The input required from each individual is outlined in a ‘to-do’ list, unique to them
- Constant reminders are sent with required input and location details
- Other stakeholders, not directly involved in a process, can subscribe to notifications
Historical change traceability
All Change Requests and Change Orders remain fully traceable once complete.
- Historical change processes can be accessed by any authorized person within the organization
- Each step of the process is recorded, outlining who actioned that step, when, and any comments
- Provides an audit trail recording every stage of product change, helping to achieve compliance
Process workflow stages can be specified as requiring a user password for sign-off.
- Only those authorized can sign-off workflow stages
- Digital signature capability provides another security layer, ensuring it is that actual person carrying out an action
- This additional level of security provides greater assurance in the validity of critical change processes
Third-party change process participation
Cloud-based PLM offers secure third party access.
- Partners, suppliers and even customers can provide input into a change process
- Strategic suppliers can review and authorizes a change
- Collaboration with third parties helps reduce lead times and the risk of error due to miscommunication